Pharmacogenetic testing at HistoGenetics
Our Genetic make up may determine an individual’s response to medications:
Four common scenarios for variation in response to medications based on their genetic make-up:
- Good response to an established drug dose recommendation: No action required
- Low or no response to an established dose recommendation: Dosage should be adjusted to increase the medication amount
- Stronger response with some side effects to an established dose: Dosage should be decreased
- A Toxic, Hyperreactive response even to the smallest dosage: This drug should be avoided for that individual
Pharmacogenetic testing could predict these responses based on the individual’s genetic makeup.
HistoGenetics CLIA and New York State approved to perform Pharmacogenetic testing.
- For further information contact us at:
- [email protected]